Travelling and visiting new places will not only make your mind and body fresh but will also rejuvenate your senses. And a weekend trip after a hectic week is a must to relax and spend the time away from the rushed city life. There are several places in the Western Ghats that one can visit during their free time.
Places to visit from Pune
Some of the famous tourist spots near Pune are Matheran, Lonavala, Nasik, Lavasa, Kamshet and Panchgani. There are many resorts near Pune where people can stay and spend their weekends.
Where can people go for a monsoon trip around Pune?
There are some beautiful places and resorts near Pune that will surely attract avid travelers, especially during the monsoon season. These spots look the best during the monsoon. Some of them are:
- Lonavala – One of the best places to visit during the monsoon Weekend is Lonavala. The beautiful view of the Western Ghats, the mesmerizing historical caves, the shimmering lakes are more than enough to leave you spellbound. There are some beautiful resorts too that will help you to enjoy your weekend.
- Mulshi – This is one of the most beautiful places around Pune that one can visit during the monsoon. It is a hidden gem of the state. The beautiful relaxing, serene environment and the breathtaking natural beauty, the valleys will amaze you. People can trek across the beautiful forest to reach the Dhangad and Koraigadh fort.
- Rajmachi – This is another favorite tourist spot during the monsoons. The place provides a breathtaking view during the monsoon. The beautiful waterfalls and the panoramic view of the Sahyadri Ranges make people amazed. It is one of the most refreshing places to visit during the monsoon. This place becomes so beautiful with greenery all around during the monsoon. It is a real treat to the eyes and mind. This place is also well known for camping and trekking.
- Kolad–Kolad is a beautiful village in Raigad district situated at the banks of River Kundalika and famous for river rafting in Maharashtra. Kundalika is the only river in Maharashtra ideal for river rafting. Apart from the thrilling river rafting experience, you get to enjoy the mesmerizing view of Sahyadri Hills. You can do some more sight-seeing and visit Tala Fort and Ghosala Fort nearby.
- Sinhagad – This place is located almost 38 km away from the city of Pune. It is one of the most mesmerizing places to visit during the monsoon. The Sinhagad fort is the major attraction of this place. The view from the fort is impressive. The entire landscape is visible from the fort, which looks beautiful, especially during the monsoons.
Therefore, people who are avid travelers and want a weekend getaway from the Pune city visit these fantastic places very quickly and enjoy their weekends.